July 15, 2011

Welcome!


Welcome to the Retro Girl's Guide - your directory for all modern made, vintage-inspired goodies. RGG will be your source for bombshell clothing, glamour girl accessories, pin-up dolls and their fabulous photographers, tiki kitsch and much, much more! All modern made but with vintage style and flare.

So sit back, pour a cocktail and enjoy some tunes on the Juke Box (on the right side of this website) while browsing the best of the retro web. I'm always on the hunt for unique items for today's glamour girl (and guys!), so if you have a suggestion send it my way.  And be sure to follow RGG on Facebook and Twitter for extra tips, contests and give-aways.

Here's a little bit about your host:
A lot has changed in the last ten years since I published Modern Lounge Magazine including my biggest personal metamorphosis of becoming a parent four years ago. But one thing that hasn’t changed is my love of retro fashion, kitschy culture and vintage elegance. I may be a bit older and hopefully a bit wiser, but my personal style has remained the same.

I have always been influenced by big-screen beauties such as Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly and Elizabeth Taylor. But lucky for me the most gorgeous glamour girl of them all just so happens to be my mother (look at my logo and you’ll see what I mean). I always tried to emulate my mom’s flawless “look” and from a very early age I fell in love with vintage-inspired clothing and glamour from a bygone era.


So here we are in 2011 and I’m excited to see a resurgence of the pin-up and the return of classic 1950s and 60s inspired clothing designs, fashion models and rising brands...  And that’s what this blog is all about - finding and sharing the best modern made designs for the retro loving girl (and guys too!).
XOXO,
The Retro Girl

To learn more more about the girl behind the retro, visit here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment