September 29, 2011

Unique-Vintage Boutique


Vintage fashion trends come and go with mainstream designers like the tides on a summer beach. And if you’re a retro girl, that often means that brick-and-mortar shopping (aka - the mall) isn’t always your first choice - or even an option - when it comes to finding a fabulous bit of modern nostalgia.  Don’t get me wrong, I love online shopping and I love the amazing independent designers who are providing us with glamorous, reinvented ensembles.  But sometimes I want to browse in person. Sometimes I want to feel the fabric and see the color. Sometimes I want to try it on.  I recently stumbled upon the most amazing place - a shop dedicated to all things modern retro. A big shop. With beautiful clothes. And handbags. And shoes. By our favorite indie designers. All there to touch and feel (and drool over). I felt like I had died and gone to retro heaven.

Unique-Vintage is beautiful boutique on the quaint and trendy Magnolia Boulevard in Burbank, California. Divided into three sections, this unique shop offers glamorous designs for retro girls of all ages. If you’re looking for the perfect prom dress in the style of Audrey Hepburn, this is your shop. If you are oogling over the latest dresses from modern designers such as Lolita Girl or Heartbreaker Fashion, this is your opportunity to try them on and feel just how luxurious they are in person. The third section of Unique-Vintage is dedicated to the retro bride. They offer the most beautiful wedding dresses that even Grace Kelly would be proud to wear.  I want to renew my vows just to shop in this section and wear a gorgeous 50s inspired gown.  

Unique-Vintage also has their own line of clothes designed and inspired by nostalgic fashion. Halter swing dresses, wiggle dresses, swimsuits and separates are offered  in a wide variety of colors and designs. The owner and creator even uses metal zippers for an extra authentic touch. I recently purchased a tiki-sarong dress from their custom line and I fell in love with the fit to my curves, the fabric, the colors and the feel. And then... the best part... I walked out with my purchase that same day. I love online shopping, but that impatient part of me often wants it now.  

  • On Saturday, October 29th they are hosting a Halloween Costume Haunt with The Ellen DeGeneres Show and Good Day LA.  It’s from 1-5 pm and includes Halloween costume ideas from the 20s-60s.
If you aren’t a Southern California girl, you can still experience Unique-Vintage online. And if you ever get a chance to vacation out west, skip the theme parks and put U-V on your must see list!  

www.Unique-Vintage.com
2013 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91506
818-742-6210


No comments:

Post a Comment